The Saint-Gobain Tower
Emblem of Saint-Gobain and showcase of its skills, the tower hosts the Group's new headquarters in the heart of the Paris La Défense business district, in the town of Courbevoie.
KEY DATA OF THE PROJECT
- 165 m high
- 44 levels including 38 above the slab of La Défense
- Over 80 Saint-Gobain materials and solutions
- Start of construction: May 2016 / Delivery: 1st quarter 2020
WHO IS INSTALLED IN THE TOWER?
We have brought together in the Saint-Gobain Tower the headquarters of most of our activities located in Ile-de-France, including the Compagnie de Saint-Gobain, SGDBF, Placo, ISOVER, Building Distribution brands (Point.P, CEDEO), Saint-Gobain Glass France and its subsidiaries, as well as the Information Systems Department.
WHAT SAINT-GOBAIN MATERIALS ARE USED?
Over 80 of the Group's essential products have been used:
COOL-LITE® ST BRIGHT SILVER solar control glass, Placo® Activ'Air®, weber.floor 4630 mortar, SageGlass electrochromic glass, ISOVER Coatwool glass wool, SMU-S channeling system by PAM, the Saint-Gobain Solar Gard Graffitigard 4 MIL window film, the Elance range of glass partitions by Clipper, the Plafometal active ceiling, the Ecophon Akusto Wall C acoustic wall panel.
The new building has received four certifications:
- HQE (High Environmental Quality) by Certivea – Niveau “Exceptionnel” on all the four themes Environment, Comfort, Health and Energy
- High Energy Performance Label: Effinergie +
- LEED (Leadership in Energy & Environmental Design) : Building Design and Construction: Core and Shell Development by U.S. Green Building Council – Platinum certification
- BREEAM International (Building Research Establishment Environmental Assessment Method) : New Construction) - Outstanding
These four certifications make this building a fairly unique achievement from an environmental standpoint.
This project was managed and financed by its owner, the insurer Generali, who, assisted by Hines, commissioned the VINCI group to carry it out.
The architectural, technical and environmental project for the new tower was designed by the Valode & Pistre agency, which was selected by Saint-Gobain and Generali, in consultation with EPADESA, following an international architectural consultation. This project is in line with the strategy of EPADESA and Defacto and perfectly illustrates the attractiveness of Paris La Défense and its influence abroad.
THE GENESIS OF THE PROJECT ON VIDEO