Welcome to the page dedicated to those starting their career journey. We would like to support you in your professional introduction. Discover our programs (CFA, V.I.E, Trainee Program, Alternance,...); our partnerships, internal life, testimonies of former "Gobinous" and many other useful information.
This event brings together more than 3,000 students every year, and is the 3rd largest student event in France. It embodies strong values for the Saint-Gobain Group: solidarity, respect, youth development, diversity, commitment.
At Saint-Gobain, we have a proactive policy. In other words, we want to offer you rewarding assignments, whether you are on an internship, a work-study program or at the beginning of your professional career. The aim is to support you in building your project and your career path.
> Our mission is to contribute to the world of tomorrow, since our products and services allow us to significantly reduce carbon emissions and greenhouse gases from buildings and have a positive impact on the planet.
> Regarding the discovery of our job areas, we continue to develop actions that allow you to better understand them and thus be able to guide you in your access to employment. Here are some examples:
- The Saint-Gobain Football Cup, a national event in France. It involves 2,900 students from 60 schools with key meetings throughout the year.
- A partnership with the National Confederation of Junior-Enterprises, the leading student movement in France, which brings together nearly 1,200 students.
- Of course, school forums and political actions for people during interns' and alternates' discovery days.
- Support for people in internships and work-study programs at the end of their studies in the development of their career paths.
- The same HR actions as for our employees, in particular by giving you access to our internal job site and by organizing "Youth Committees" (review of talent identified in internships and work-study programs to promote your integration within the group).
- Finally, we also honor your achievements/successes with, for example, the organization, every two years, of the V.I.E. Talent Awards during which your contributions within the Group are highlighted.
The Trainee Programs mentor the Group's new talents with the aim of preparing the organization's future leaders.
The program takes on a different look depending on the location.
For example, in Brazil, the program lasts 18 months and includes more than 250 hours of customized training, such as design thinking, agile methodologies, innovation, career management, and presentation skills, among others.
Such programs, which vary in organization and name, exist in several countries where Saint-Gobain operates: Thailand, Mexico, Poland (Program Praktyk i Staży), India with a focus on engineering and management students, or you can also find them in Germany and Austria where there are the "Global-Player", "Trainee for Production & Technology" as well as "Trainee Purchasing" programs; and of course in North America too with the local leadership program named Essentials of Manufacturing (EoM) where we hire 15 new engineers every year and put them in a rotational program in the US.
Junior Mobility program
The V.I.E.* program allows citizens of the E.U. countries (28 countries), aged 18 to 28, to be sent abroad on a professional mission of 6 to 24 months, aged between 18 and 28. For Saint-Gobain, it is a Junior Mobility program that allows us to detect new talents.
To learn more about the V.I.E. principle, click here.
*V.I.E = European Citizens / International Voluntary Service in Companies
MEETING OUR PEOPLE IN V.I.E.
Maylis, Trade Shows & Events Adminstrator (V.I.E) in the US and V.I.E Blogger
We met Maylis, in our headquarters in Malvern, USA. Maylis started her V.I.E at Saint-Gobain in the spring of 2020 in the middle of the Covid crisis. She tells us her story at Saint-Gobain.
I recommend the V.I.E at Saint-Gobain, for the good atmosphere, the team cohesion and overall, the good dynamics that reign in the Group! I am happy with the trust that the Saint-Gobain Group has placed in me.
International Job Fairs
Many partnerships exist between Saint-Gobain and youth associations/schools.
In Italy, for example, Saint-Gobain organized the "International Job Fair” at the Politecnico di Milano.
During this sort of fair events, the Group have the opportunity to talk about the trainee programs. In addition of the Human Resources team, some Saint-Gobain employees are invited to testimony at our stand to answer questions. It was the case at this italian Job Fair with the participation of Giulia Croci and Dario Tibaldi (photos) who are carrying out a professional experience at the headquarters of Saint-Gobain Sekurit in Germany, through the program VIE. Their experience was definitely a source of inspiration for all the students we met.
Some interesting figures
• Our turnover in 2022: 51.2 billion euros.
• Saint-Gobain has 168,000 employees in 75 countries, including 3,500 researchers.
• We have over 900 production sites.
• More than 450 patents were filed in 2022.
• And last but not least, 1 in 4 products sold by Saint-Gobain did not exist 5 years ago.
Once your internship is over, you have the possibility to stay in this group and thus benefit from a powerful network for the rest of your professional life.